[cvsnt] "connection reset" when connecting to cvs repositoryfromeclipse

Sumanjit Kaur Brar SBrar at quark.com
Thu Jan 11 12:38:43 GMT 2007

Hi,

We are also facing the same problem "Connection reset by peer" almost everyday. We are using (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 (client/server) on SUSE 10. The users are using only cvs clients like wincvs and maccvs. What should work in our case. To eliminate the problem we use the following command :

pkill cvsnt

This immediately solved the problem. Does this means that cvsnt binary is causing some kind of problem. We are also getting the following errors :

cvs [update aborted]: Error reading from server 10.91.202.2: -1: Unknown error

cvs [update aborted]: recv() from server 10.91.208.245: Connection reset by peer

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Regards,
Suman Brar
Ext : 9848

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages appended or attached to it, may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or use of the information contained or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone (+91.172.2299848) or return e-mail message (<mailto:sbrar at quark.com>) and delete the original transmission, its attachments, and any copies without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you