[cvsnt] wincvs command line vs GUI

Peter Chao pchao at windspring.com
Thu Jan 25 01:47:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

This is my first time try this site, hope the question is appropriate. I am
currently using WinCVS to do file update of the latest and best. That
usually involve the following steps:

(1)     right click on the module I want to update and select "update
selection" from the menu

(2)     next I check the "create missing directories that exist in the
repository

(3)     finally click "OK" and off it goes.

The task I am trying to accomplished is : I need to write a simple perl
program to automate this task. So I guess I will need to figure out the
command from command line that is equal to the above action.

I read a book about cvs, and learn I need to do "CVS update -p - d", can any
one shed some light on this. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!