[cvsnt] help on cvs checkout command

Joe.VanQuakebeke at Ingenix.com Joe.VanQuakebeke at Ingenix.com
Wed Jul 4 00:17:51 BST 2007

All;
	I am trying use the checkout command with the -r Branch_tag.
Everything seems fine except the implied -P.  How do you avoid that when
working on a branch?  Is the -r the correct option to checkout a branch?
I need the empty directories because they are part of an automated build
process.  Is it better to do a cvs checkout, maybe without the -r option
and then do a cvs update with -d -j branch_tag options?

Thanks
Joe

"Secure Server GDV" made the following
 annotations on 07/03/2007 06:17:55 PM
------------------------------"This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately."