[cvsnt] sserver setup problems

Chris Purves pchris at aims-bio.com
Thu Jul 5 20:36:41 BST 2007

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:04:52 -0600, Chris Purves <pchris at aims-bio.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get the sserver to work with no luck so far.
> Everything appears to work using pserver.
>
> In my PServer file I have:
>
> CertificateFile=/etc/cvsnt/ca.pem
> PrivateKeyFile=/etc/cvsnt/ca.pem
>
> However, when I try to login:
>
> aimsnet:~# cvs -d :sserver:ChrisPurves at localhost:/cvs login
> Logging in to :sserver:ChrisPurves at localhost:2401:/cvs
> CVS Password:
> SSL connection failed (-1): error:1408F10B:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
> cvs [login aborted]: Connection to server failed
> aimsnet:~#
>

> This seems to be a not uncommon problem; however, I haven't found any
> solutions yet.
> I am running CVSNT 2.5.03.2382-3 on Debian.
>
> I would apprecaite any help to solve this problem.  Thank you.

I also tried following the instructions at
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux and created a certificate
authority then a request and signing the request using the new CA.  I now
have:

CertificateFile=/etc/cvsnt/cert.pem
PrivateKeyFile=/etc/cvsnt/key.pem

aimsnet:~# cvsnt -d :sserver:ChrisPurves at localhost:/cvs login
Logging in to :sserver:ChrisPurves at localhost:2401:/cvs
CVS Password:
Server certificate verification failed: unable to get local issuer
certificate
aimsnet:~#

A new error...

According to http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux "In addition to
these steps, the /etc/cvsnt/cert.pem file must be made available to the
clients."

So I try...

aimsnet:~# cvsnt -d
":sserver;privatekey=/etc/cvsnt/cert.pem:ChrisPurves at localhost:/cvs" login
Logging in to :sserver:ChrisPurves at localhost:2401:/cvs
CVS Password:
Unable to read/load the client private key (0): error:0906D06C:PEM
routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line
cvsnt [login aborted]: Connection to server failed
aimsnet:~#

Still no luck.

--
Chris Purves