[cvsnt] email notification help

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jul 10 03:10:02 BST 2007

Chris Purves wrote:
> I have read through the documentation about email notification and there
> appears to be at least three ways to go about it: loginfo, modules, and
> watch command as well as the method prescribed in the email notification
> section, through the commit_email file.

There's more than that -- you can also use Bo's "cvsmailer" product that
is quite handy.

> What I would like to do, is for commits to a specific module send out
> notification emails to a group listed in the groups file once per day.
> What would be the best way to go about this?  I have sendmail installed
> on the server, so I can make use of the
> MailCommand in PServer.

You might want to consider using a cron job with a log command, audit
query, or similar for this type of daily report.

I know, too many options.  If you let us know what you require in the
output, then perhaps someone can suggest an appropriate set of commands
to help.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/