[cvsnt] How to net stop/start CVSNT on Redhat Linux ES4?

r.pedroche.novillo at accenture.com r.pedroche.novillo at accenture.com
Mon Jul 16 10:34:38 BST 2007

  I do not think the first option will work at all.

  Stopping xinetd should be more than enough to ensure a stable
repository. I do not think there is any need to stop cvslockd.

  In fact, it is fairly overkill: it could be that other services are
hosted by xinetd (although in current Linux installations there are less
and less inetd-based services).

  A more elegant option would be to edit /etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver,
change the line "disabled = no" to "disabled = yes", send a SIGHUP to
xinetd, backup, undo modification and SIGHUP xinetd.

  Or, in RHES:

# chkconfig cvspserver off
(Backup)
# chkconfig cvspserver on

which will, in theory, do the same in less lines ;)