[cvsnt] OT: support.cvsgui newsgroup dead?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sun Jul 29 16:21:49 BST 2007

Mark Spacw wrote:

> Glen Starrett wrote:

>>> Could be your reader or some other local (ISP?) problem.  I'm seeing a
>>> steady, if small, stream of messages, some posted after you did.

Are you reading the support.cvsgui newsgroup at news.cvsnt.org, or are you
reading that group at a different server, or are you receiving the list
emails?

This list exist both as newsgroup and as email list. I'm talking about the
support.cvsgui newsgroup at news.cvsnt.org.

>> I got the same message.  I think the mirrored copy was removed from the
>> news.cvsnt.org server.  It's still working on another server elsewhere.

It seems there is a problem with that news server, as both Bo and Glen have
the same problem. What is the other server that is still working? Or is the
news interface generally flaky and using the email lists is recommended?

> I also got this message after replying to the OP:
>
> You just sent a message with the following subject to me:
> [...]
>
> So perhaps his elaborate spam trap is messing things up as well...

No. As I said, I read the list though the news interface, not through
email. What you saw is an email verification request on this address. I
don't receive list /emails/. (I can, of course, if the newsgroup is
officially dead -- but I thought I'd let the news server admin know that
there is a problem. Either the group should be dead, then it should
probably be taken out of the server's groups list. Or it should be alive,
then it should work.)

Gerhard