[cvsnt] Undo Commit?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jun 15 17:14:01 BST 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:50:43 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:15:36 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
><lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:
>
>>I have (admittedly rare) applications for removing past (obsolete)
>>revisions. It seems that I'm not the only one, as the "select non
>>significant" revisions command in WinCvs seems to show: someone took the
>>effort to implement it, and its main purpose seems to be to remove these
>>revisions after selecting them.
>>
>There are a few items in admin that are handy at least for me:
>
>1) Modifying the log message if it has been mistakenly copied from the
>previous commit in WinCvs. Happens now and then and is misleading in
>future reading of the logs.

Interestingly I screwed up today. I intended to commit one file with
minor changes in a directory and gave it a smallish log message. But
contrary to what I intended I had selected the folder in the left hand
panel of WinCvs instead of the file in the right hand panel and a few
more files in a subdirectory got committed as well with the log
message not relating to them at all....
But by using the admin command on them I could change the log message
to a meaningful one.

Strange that this would happen today a few hors afetr posting the
reply above....
(I don't make mistakes like these every day.....)

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)