[cvsnt] viewvc repecting cvsnt's ACLs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 9 06:56:51 GMT 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:47:02 -0300, "Flávio Etrusco"
<flavio.etrusco at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Ubuntu is Debian based, so there are no rpm, but .deb packages. And
>> >since CVSNT is in Debian, it is also in Ubuntu.
>> >Or maybe Jürgen just installed from source...
>> >

>> You mean that if I install UBUNTU (which I did the olter day (ver
>> 6.10)) then there is automatically also CVSNT installed???
>
>Not exactly. It's in the "universe" repository (the repository for
>community-supported packages).
>

>> How can I find out (I am very novice regarding Linux/Ubuntu)?
>
>Find out about what? Whether CVSNT is installed? Packages which depend
>on CVS unfortunately will install GNU CVS, but if you install CVSNT
>the GNU CVS will be uninstalled and the other packages won't
>"complain".
>To install it open Synaptic in (menu System, Adminstration, Package
>manager), Update (Refresh?) packages, seach for cvsnt then Select for
>Install and Apply.

What I meant was that I read into your reply that maybe CVSNT was
distributed with Ubuntu and was installed and therefore I wanted to
know how I could check that. For example where could I find the Ubuntu
version of the Windows CVSNT control panel in order to configure the
CVSNT server?
I hoped that configuration eiter was done automatically or that there
is now a better way than finding some obscure text file and open it in
a non-obvious editor (nano or vi or the like) to change the contents
to get it going. I never could come to grips with the linux way of
doing things inside text config files with no help whatsoever as to
correct syntax, available options etc....

But I guess it is still the same way.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)