[cvsnt] viewvc repecting cvsnt's ACLs

Tony Eva teva at Airspan.com
Fri Mar 9 12:26:19 GMT 2007

Flávio Etrusco wrote:

> Packages which depend
> on CVS unfortunately will install GNU CVS, but if you install CVSNT
> the GNU CVS will be uninstalled and the other packages won't
> "complain".

This always causes me problems - specifically, using Kubuntu (6.10/Edgy) and Kdevelop, which depends on CVS.  If I install CVSNT first, then KDevelop, it uninstalls CVSNT and installs CVS instead. If I then try to reinstall CVSNT, it uninstalls Kdevelop and CVS.  (This is using apt-get from the command line, rather than adept.)

I have got round this in the past by package hacking and using dpkg -i with some rather nasty --force options to get both CVS and CVSNT installed together on the system, but that's obviously not the right way of doing things, and besides it gives rise to continual warnings about package conflicts.  Maybe there's a simple option I'm missing?  Can anyone tell me what is the right way to get Kdevelop and CVSNT to coexist happily?

--
TonyE