[cvsnt] how commit -r work?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 9 17:08:31 GMT 2007

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:14:34 +0000, Tim Chippington Derrick
<tim at chippingtonderrick.co.uk> wrote:

>Don't *ever* try to force the revision numbers - it won't work any
>more and is associated with a broken way of thinking. This is a
>*very* common mistake that many people make when they don't
>understand what is going on. Instead just tag all the files with some
>meaningful name like "V2.0" and then you can always retrieve that set
Except periods are not allowed in tags...
You need tag 'Ver2-0' or something like that.

>of files with the correct versions by specifying the correct tag on
>checkout. Trust us on this - you can almost totally ignore the
>individual version numbers as they don't really help you that much.

There are no individual *version* numbers, but there are *revision*
numbers and those are maintained by CVS on a file-by-file basis.

Nitpicking, I know, but I think that here is a need for correct
syntax.
Your message contents is all right! :-)

HTH

/Bo