[cvsnt] ssh and RunAsUser

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 20:35:43 GMT 2007

Is there no solution to be able to use RunAsUser and ssh?

I have a Linux server running CVSNT 2.5.03.  I'm using a mix of pserver and
sspi.  I now have a need to setup a new cvs server and enable ssh for a
group of users (I will also disable pserver on this machine).  My Linux
server is authenticating against our domain (windows), so most cvs users do
not have local Linux accounts.  If I stop using RunAsUser, then I have to
create a local linux group and add *every* cvs users to this group and
maintain it...a pain to say the least.  If I don't maintain a common group,
the I start to have permissions issues, since these users don't have a local
linux account, I could not set their umask, and often items are create
without write access granted to other.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,
Mark