[cvsnt] Tag question

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:21:50 GMT 2007

I have a floating tag for my continuous build system.  It always tags with
the last successful continuous build, moving the previous tag.  My question
is this:  If a file has this floating tag, then that file is removed
(dropped).  The next continuous build will build off the tip of the HEAD,
excluding this removed file. Then when I do a tag, this tag will not be
removed from the "removed" file.  If I then update to this tag, I assume I
will get the now removed file....not what I want.  (is my logic correct).

This is what I think I need to do:
When a continuous build completes successfully and I'm ready to tag
 1.  rtag -d (tag name and modules)   - Deleting this tag from all files in
the repository
 2.  tag      (tag name and modules)   - re-applying this tag to all files
in the current sandbox.

Is this correct?  Is there a more simple way to do this?

Thanks,
Mark