[cvsnt] rearranging branches

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Mar 16 21:48:28 GMT 2007

Rick Martin wrote:
> I have a branch that is on a number of files. Some of these files have
> different tags. I realize know that instead of a single branch I should
> have created a branch for each of the tags. Is there a simple way <g> to
> recreate the branches I really wanted and possibly get rid of the single
> branch I don't?

Z:\>cvs -H tag
Usage: cvs tag [-bcdFflR] [-r rev|-D date] tag [files...]
         -A      Make alias of existing branch (requires -r).

Use the alias feature to name it like you wanted to.

Then I *think* you might be able to delete the original tag ... not sure
on that though, TEST FIRST!!

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/