[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04.2471, Control Panel, and Windows Vista?

Petr Prikryl PrikrylP at skil.cz
Fri May 4 11:46:53 BST 2007

Hi,

I have been happy with CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
on Windows XP. However, the new computer runs Windows Vista
(Enterprise). I could not run the CVSNT Control Panel to add
the transfered (zip/unzip) repository from the old computer.

When searching for the solution, I have found in mail archive:

    > [cvsnt] CVSNT not running on Vista?
    > Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
    > Mon Feb 26 23:39:42 GMT 2007
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > CVSNT 2.5.04 works on Vista including the control panel
    > but not the CVSNT Manager - which will be fixed in RC2.
    >
    > Now that Vista is out on the street getting 2.5.04
    > labelled as stable is becoming more of a priority.

So, I tried CVSNT 2.5.04.2471 installed from the package
cvsnt-server-2.5.04.2471.msi (asked for Restart), but the
Control Panel still does not work.

Is there any command-line alternative to add a repository?
(I mean the step that creates alias like /cvsrootXXX for
the real path like E:\cvsrootXXX.) In other words, can
I have the full functionality without the Control Panel?
Should I set any compatibility mode for the Control Panel?
(I am very new to Vista; if yes, then please how?)

Thanks for your time and experience,
   pepr

P.S. I thought I could switch to evs, but Tony explained to me
that it is experimental and there is no tool to convert
the existing cvsnt repository to evs repository.