[cvsnt] DNS alias using SSPI but no write access

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Mon May 14 13:07:54 BST 2007

On Sun, 13 May 2007 21:29:03 +0100, Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Rick Martin wrote:
>> However, when I tried to run any operations that required write access to
>> the repo they all fail when I'm using the alias in the root string.
>> I'm getting this error:
>> cvs [server aborted]: The 'cvs edit' command requires write access to the
>> repository
>>
> Someone has added your name to the 'readers' file and made your account
> read only - get the admin to remove it.
>
> Tony

Hi Tony,

I am the admin <g>.  I'm definiately not in the readers file. It is related
to using the DNS alias in the root command. If I switch the root for the
sandbox to the server name I can run "write" operation with not problems.
If I use the DNS alias I cannot.

Thanks,
Rick