[cvsnt] DNS alias using SSPI but no write access

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon May 14 18:22:34 BST 2007

Rick Martin wrote:
> I am the admin <g>.  I'm definiately not in the readers file. It is related
> to using the DNS alias in the root command. If I switch the root for the
> sandbox to the server name I can run "write" operation with not problems.
> If I use the DNS alias I cannot.

That error message is generated entirely from the contents of the
readers/writers commands, and the global read only server flag.  It's
got nothing to do with server aliases, or any kind of file access checks
(those are done later).  The only other thing I can suggest is that the
alias does not point to the machine you think it does.