[cvsnt] Behaviour on laptop disconnected from network

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Thu May 31 15:25:30 BST 2007

Alpheratz wrote:
> Nobody has any ideas on this?
>
> I know the post was rather long, but I figured that providing more info
> would help trigger someone's memory!

Trouble is, it isn't someone's memory you're trying to jog here -- your
problem is fairly specific to your situation.

Even when you were connected it looked like you got an auth failure (the
first status command).

Is your account "tce" local on your CVSROOT\passwd file?  Is [tce | the
system account associated with tce] on the local machine, or a domain
account?  Is the machine on a domain?  Are you running your repository
with system auth on or off?  What is your default domain set to?  These
are the factors you will need to look at and adjust.

I don't think having the loopback connector installed should affect this
but FYI I'm not running it and my notebook works fine on and off the
network.  Also note that even using local accounts when disconnected
doesn't always work properly when disconnected -- Windows still looks to
the domain first unless you set your default domain, and then that has
other implications.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/