[cvsnt] modules2 bug?

Robert Hecker Robert.Hecker at contiautomotive.com
Tue Nov 20 11:40:43 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm using cvsnt 2.5.03.2382 and Tortoise CVS 1.8.31.

I have trouble to use the modules2 file.
It's the same Problem, which was detected by Prochazka, Jan in March 2005.

If Following is standing inside my modules2 File:

[MyProject]
/ = Project
dir1/dir2/Project2/include = Project2/include
dir1/dir2/Project2/out = Project2/out

The result is following:

- check out of </ = Project> was not done.
- check out of <dir1/dir2/Project2/include = Project2/include> was done
correct
- check out of <dir1/dir2/Project2/out = Project2/out> was done correct

Why does this not work ?

When "dir1/dir2" is also used in "Project" then I have this behaviour.
When I change the modules2 File to following:

[MyProject]
NewProject = Project
dir1/dir2/Project2/include = Project2/include
dir1/dir2/Project2/out = Project2/out

it works, but I get an message from the server:

cvs server: cannot open directory /CVS_REPOSITORY3/Project/NewProject: No
such file or directory
cvs server: skipping directory myProject/NewProject/NewProject

But this solution is not usable by me.

Any help is welcome.

Thank you very much.

Robert