[cvsnt] SSPI stopped working -- how to troubleshoot

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Mon Nov 26 16:53:44 GMT 2007

Make sure that you haven't done a "cvs login" at some point and set a
password in the registry.  The easiest way is just to do a "cvs logout"

	cvs -d:sspi:garly at cvs-server:/CVS-Repository logout
	cvs -d:sspi:garly at cvs-server:/CVS-Repository ls

Then it will use the password with which you are logged into the domain.
  Another thing that can have an effect depending on how your network is
set up is using the domain name as part of the server:

	cvs -d:sspi:garly at cvs-server.mycompany.com:/CVS-Repository ls

However, if you do change from unqualified to qualified server name,
you'll need to either get a new set of source or change the contents of
all your CVS/root files to match.  WinCVS has a macro for this, or you
can use any one of the file search/replace programs or editor features
to do it.

You can also turn on logging and see if it shows anything:

	cvs -ttt -d:sspi:garly at cvs-server:/CVS-Repository ls

HTH
chuck