[cvsnt] "Out of memory" while commiting

Bruno GAUTIER bruno.gautier_NOSPAM at basystemes.fr
Thu Sep 6 09:35:59 BST 2007

Hello,

we get the following problem while committing a binary file of size
7Mb.

cvs commit -m LIV_logistic_manager_101 --
program\agv_manager\LogisticCore.exe (in directory E:\R&D\System
Manager\Software\agv_manager 7\)

Checking in program/agv_manager/LogisticCore.exe;

\systemmgr/systemmgr/program/agv_manager/LogisticCore.exe,v <--
LogisticCore.exe

new revision: 1.1.2.11; previous revision: 1.1.2.10

cvs [server aborted]: out of memory; can not reallocate 343932928 bytes

we're using CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2382 on windows 2003 server. The server
has 1Gb RAM and 2,5 Gb of virtual memory. There are at least 40 Gb of
free disk space on the CVSNT Temp directory, and also on the repository
disk.

LogisticCore.exe,v has now a size of 400 Mb.

When the cvs command is executed, the process "cvs.exe" uses less than
1Gb of memory (500 Mb RAM & 500Mb VM)

Before upgrading the server up to 4Gb, I would like to know if it will
be enough to solve the problem or if there's another solution

Thanks a lot

Bruno Gautier