[cvsnt] Linux ACLs

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Sep 12 09:15:14 BST 2007

Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh wrote:
> I have figured out the problem. It has to do with the way CVSNT
> handles users and group (it doesn't distinguish between the two) and the
> way
> Redhat type Linux distros create a group with the same name and GID as
> the user,
> by default, when adding users with the 'useradd' command. The two
> together are a
> bad mix.

It shouldn't matter at all.. such a group would only have one user in
it, so it'd behave as you'd expect.  The only issue would be if you
created a group with a large number of users in it, then created a user
with the same name - which would be a configuration error IMO (since
it's not unusual to treat users and groups as the same namespace..
indeed win32 even does it at the system level).