[cvsnt] Linux ACLs

Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh rodrico7 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:32:21 BST 2007

Hello,

In my setup I had created a user called "cvsnt" this automatically created a
group called "cvsnt". I then and gave the cvsnt [object] administrative
permissions on my cvsroot (ie: read,write,create,tag,control) and I assume
that these permissions cascaded down through the modules in the root. I then
create a user called 'mike' and made him a member of the CVSNT group. Prior
to adding him to the group he wasn't able to even read the cvsroot, after
adding him he was able to do everything on every module, even the CVSROOT.
After removing him from the "cvsnt" group he again was not able to do
anything. This tells me that cvsnt matched his access on the group
permission.

~Rodre