[cvsnt] Performance questions

Chris Morris the.chrismo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 23:00:15 BST 2007

A follow up to my prior posts regarding a problem I've been trying to
resolve with TeamCity and CVSNT.

Turns out, TeamCity is not hanging in its communications with our production
server - our production server is simply running very slowly. It's running
an rlog command on the pertinent module, and it can take upwards of 45
minutes to execute.

I just ran rlog from my cvs.exe cvsnt client, against a test server and our
production server - the test server (which is not serving any other clients
and only has one module out of many tens of modules) took 5 minutes while
our production server took 45 minutes.

Any general tips/things I should look for on our production box? I'm trying
to setup time to sit with our server guys to see if we can figure out where
our production server is failing us. I always hear about virus scanners
causing problems of various sorts - I presume this can also be one of them?

--
Chris
http://clabs.org