[cvsnt] Any way to compare or retrieve files from the start of abranch?

fabien.lyon fabien.lyon at isismpp.fr
Fri Apr 4 09:46:52 BST 2008

hi,

you can use this command: cvs status -v fliename
you ll get an output listing like that:
cvs -z9 -q status -v makefile
File: makefile         	Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:	1.1
   Repository revision:	1.1	/Repository/.../applis/makefile,v
   Expansion option:	kv
   Commit Identifier:	(none)
   Sticky Tag:		(none)
   Sticky Date:		(none)
   Sticky Options:	kv
   Merge From:		(none)

   Existing Tags:
	VERSION_7_02_07          	(revision: 1.1)
	VERSION_7_02_03_PATCH1   	(revision: 1.1)
	BR_V7_02_03_PATCH        	(branch: 1.1.44)

The revision of the branch here 1.1.44 is formed by the revision file where
the branch    start (here 1.1) with a number (here 44). You can write a
macro or awk pgm to
extract all the version file where the branch tag start : Its the branch
revision where you discard the last digit.