[cvsnt] -kbx option set on 67 files. Ouch

kmknox at aep.com kmknox at aep.com
Thu Apr 10 20:22:50 BST 2008

We're running 2.5.03.2382 cvsnt on Linux, and having a wonderful time with
it. It's been up for 3 years now, and we have a really happy install base,
so thank you.

One of our users downloaded and went to work with Tortoise 1.10, and
Tortoise defaulted to setting exclusive locking for him. Now I have 67
binary files with the -kbx option set, and "permissions" set to "444" If I
hand edit the ,v files to say:
kopt     b;
permissions      666;

...then the files are fixed and work perfectly.

But doing that for 67 more files seems like a nuisance, and not the right
way to do the job. Can I safely use cvs admin -kb to take off the -kbx
option? And will that fix the permissions 444 issue? And do the
permissions really matter?

Thank you,

Kevin