[cvsnt] CHACL problem - why does CVS exist with code 0 when commit fails?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Apr 24 13:20:27 BST 2008

Karin Avramzon wrote:

> A similar thing happens on 'Update', when there's "noread" permission on the file.

FWIW, I think in the case of update this is correct. You don't even want a
user to know that there is a file she has no read permission if she has no
read permission. (That's one of the advantages of using CVSNT ACLs compared
to file system ACLs. In the latter case, you get "no access" messages, in
the former you just get nothing.)

I can't help you with the commit problem, though. I think this should
return an error code if it fails.

Gerhard