[cvsnt] Access control in Windows

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Wed Aug 13 15:55:52 BST 2008

pdfeeny at aep.com wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Thanks for your response.  I must have a mental block about this.  Can you
> be a little more specific about how CVSNT uses AD?  Is the group file
> ignored?  What about the modules file?  Is that used?

CVSNT will pull the user's list of groups from AD and add them to it's
internal list.  It also pulls the groups the user is part of from the
groups file.

Look at the "chacl" and "lsacl" commands to learn more about how to use
the groups with CVSNT.  Use a group name in the "user" field to assign a
group the permissions instead of an individual.

The modules file only organizes the modules, it has nothing to do with
access control.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/