[cvsnt] Problem with cvw import from command line - Assertion failed

nhoussos at ekt.gr nhoussos at ekt.gr
Wed Feb 27 07:54:34 GMT 2008

Hello,

The following issue has been reported previously by somebody else
(http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2005-December/022687.html) but no answer
was provided by the list, so I am posting it again.

I am having a problem when trying to import with cvsnt from command line, with
the following setup.

Client: cvsnt opensource 2.5.03.2382, Windows XP Profesional SP2
Server: CVS 1.11.22 on Linux CentOS

When trying to import from the command line, the program seems to proceed
normally and imports successfully many files and directories, until it aborts
with this message:

cvs: import.c:606: process_import_file: Assertion `entdata->options[0] == '-' &&
entdata->options[1] == 'k'' failed.

In subsequent runs, the program again aborts at the same point.
In the cvs server, the files processed until the abort are imported successfully
and are available for checkout.

The command line I used was:

>cvs import -m "some message" XXX XXX XXX

with %CVSROOT% equal to
":ssh;password={passwd}:{username}@{hostname}:{cvsroot_path}"

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nikos Houssos