[cvsnt] Problem: renamed file on HEAD --> updates on branches renamed too

Alexander Zoernack alexander.zoernack at technotrend.de
Wed Jan 2 16:14:27 GMT 2008

...but i expected to be not renamed...

what i've done:
in a folder, named "OSD", actually present in HEAD revision in my local
folder
"cvs rename OSDclock.h OSD_clock.h"
"cvs commit -m "Renamed underlined filename""
while doing the commit, i was at folder level and even the response from
the server was telling me, a new version of the folder received.

then i go to a local folder, actually present in
"Branch_some_old_version", and
goto the folder "OSD" and (using WinCVS), the terminal shows me this
command:
"cvs -r update -P -d -r Branch_some_old_version"
and i receive exactly the revision, that i expect, but with the new name
"OSD_clock.h"
if i do a
"cvs -r log -- OSD_clock.h"
it tells me:
"Filename : 'OSDclock.h'"
for the revision, that i updated in that branch...

what i'm doing wrong?

-> Server version is CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
-> Client version is CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 (cvsgui active)

best regards,
Alexander Zoernack