[cvsnt] Server does not support chacl

abdulrazak yermal abdulrazaky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 11:36:40 GMT 2008

Dear Arthur,
Thanks for your time in looking into this issue.

I have executed the commands that you had specified, both from WinCVS and
also from the command prompt. Results are the same.

Please find the same below.

You will find that I had to execute the chacl command 3 times with
different options as the options that you had provided were not accepted
by the server.

Request you to please look into this and help.

Note:
"mabdulrazak" is the username to which I am provided access.

cvs ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
(client/server)

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

cvs chacl -u mabdulrazak -a all
chacl: invalid option -- u
Usage: cvs chacl -R [-r tag] {user|default}:[{[r][w][c]|[n]}]
[directory...]
	-R	Recursively set permissions
	-r	Set permissions on specific branch

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvs chacl -R mabdulrazak -a all
chacl: invalid option -- a
Usage: cvs chacl -R [-r tag] {user|default}:[{[r][w][c]|[n]}]
[directory...]
	-R	Recursively set permissions
	-r	Set permissions on specific branch

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvs chacl -R mabdulrazak -c all
chacl: invalid option -- c
Usage: cvs chacl -R [-r tag] {user|default}:[{[r][w][c]|[n]}]
[directory...]
	-R	Recursively set permissions
	-r	Set permissions on specific branch

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvs chacl -R mabdulrazak:c all
cvs [chacl aborted]: server does not support chacl

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Best Regards,
abdulrazak