[cvsnt] cvs.exe spin off

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 23 22:09:24 GMT 2008

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:11:57 +1100, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Ivo,
>
>> to find the command by pid in the audit database? the session-id seems
>> not to match the pid....
>
>Not in 2.5.03 (I believe it's been added in 2.5.04) but you should be
>able to find it using the date/time of the temp directory versus the
>timestamps on the SessionLog records.

But please bear in mind that the PID is re-used by successive cvs
sessions once it has finished. I had trouble with this when I
developed the CVSMailer application and first thought of using PID as
a unique identifier for a client session. It's not....

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)