[cvsnt] "history" command returns -1

Nicolas Gavard ng at viragegroup.com
Tue Jan 29 08:37:18 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with the < history > command with cvsnt.

If I try the simple command:

cvs history

It works fine but if I add the -D option then, after a while, I got an
error:

cvs history -D "3 days ago"

cvs [history aborted]: reading from server: error -1

or also with the -c option

cvs history -c

cvs [history aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

It happens both with wincvs on a remote computer and with cvs.exe on the
local server (hosting cvsnt).

We are using CVSNT 2.5.03(scorpio) build 2382.

I can't find any log on the server but in the temp dir I found an empty dir
with a name starting with "cvs-env" and also an empty file (O ko)

With a name like cvsnt.2.5.0.3.2382-servername-**********-small.dmp.

I haven't found any help on the web and google wasn't my friend, it didn't
give me any answer :-) .

Thanks for any help,

NG.