[cvsnt] Checkout with local substitution option only?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Jan 31 14:04:01 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I know that when I want to change the substitution option on a file, I
update it with the new substitution option and then do a forced commit.

I wonder what happens when I do a checkout (of a whole project) with the
-kk option and then do my normal commits. Does it change the substitution
option in the repository?

What I want is to have a sandbox with not expanded keywords, but I don't
want to change the expansion option in the repository. The files are
committed with the default -ko setting and have keywords in them. I want to
have these keywords not expanded in my sandbox, which I can get through a
checkout with -kk. But I don't want to commit this -kk setting; I want it
to be local, in my sandbox only. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Gerhard