[cvsnt] Need help installing cvsnt.....

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Tue Jul 8 13:07:05 BST 2008

Ah, yes, I'm guessing you hit the old -kx.  You can verify it by doing a
"cvs stat" on one of the files and seeing if it has the expansion option x.

When you commit files with Tortoise for example it marks all your binary
files for exclusive write.  It expects you to use "cvs edit".  So you
have a couple of choices.  You can modify your workflow to use the "cvs
edit" command before modifying the file, or you can "cvs update -k-x"
and then "cvs commit" to remove the exclusive write.

If that's not your problem, then it's likely "cvs watch off" to fix it.
  Unlike "cvs watch add" which sends email to a specific user, "cvs
watch on" just seems to make all the files read-only (again expecting
"cvs edit").  I'm not exactly sure of the purpose for this feature, but
I know that turning it off doesn't remove watches but does make the
files writable again.

HTH
chuck