[cvsnt] Eclipse integration

DAnderson at wrberkley.com DAnderson at wrberkley.com
Tue Jul 29 15:35:51 BST 2008

Changing my extnt.ini entry to be
> [danderson]
> protocol=sspi
> directory=/TEST
> hostname=myserver

did indeed fix the problem.  Thank you so much!

Dan Anderson
Berkley Technology Services, LLC

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com>
07/21/2008 03:16 PM

<DAnderson at wrberkley.com>, <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [cvsnt] Eclipse integration

Dan,

> Greetings, CVSNT newbie here.  I scanned through the archives
> and found
> lots of related info, but not the fix for what I've been getting.

Well done so far - you are on the right track !

> I have CVSNT set up, and am able to access it through the
> command line
> using the CVSROOT variable defined as sspi:servername:/TEST
>
> I have my extnt.ini file set up as:
> [myserver]
> protocol=sspi
> directory=/TEST
> hostname=myserver
>
> However, when I try to create a new repository location in
> RAD 7, I am
> receiving an error "Error validating location "The server reported an
> error: 0 [extnt directory] not specified in [danderson] section of
> extnt.ini""

What CVSROOT are you using in Eclipse?

Something like :ext:danderson:/test ?  If so your extnt.ini should refer
to [danderson] not [myserver], or you should use :ext:myserver:/test as
the CVSROOT.

> I have tried using "." as the user name in my eclipse
> definition, I also
> tried modifying my CVSROOT to include the user name but the
> only impact
> has been that it changes the name in the error message.
>
> Does anyone have any insights?

Exact error messages are always helpful, as is the exact version of
CVSNT server and client that you are using (eg: 2.5.03.2382).

BTW - by "RAD7" do you mean "IBM Rational Developer" or "IBM Rational
Developer for iSeries" or something else?

Regards,

Arthur

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the transmitted documents contain private, privileged and confidential information belonging to the sender.  The information therein is solely for the use of the addressee.  If your receipt of this transmission has occurred as the result of an error, please immediately notify us so we can arrange for the return of the documents.  In such circumstances, you are advised that you may not disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action in reliance on the information transmitted.