[cvsnt] cvs.exe add: Server codepage ANSI_X3.4-1968 does notsupport all characters sent by client

Albert Berenguel abcworld22 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 11:42:02 BST 2008

Hello Arthur,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Tortosie is a gui front end to CVSNT - for the purposes of diagnosing
this please just use the command line.

>    - cvs.exe add: Server codepage ANSI_X3.4-1968 does not support all
>    characters sent by client.
>    cvs.exe add: Characters from server lost in translation
>    cvsnt server: nothing known about T st.txt

Test1 ->En D:\albert\Pruebas CVSNT\project: "C:\Archivos de
programa\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "add" "yomímo.txt"
CVSROOT=:pserver:albert at 192.168.140.31:/home/cvs
Test2, Test3, ..etc.. I have been tried with an adding with Text/ASCII,
Text/Unicode and Keywords deactivated, but always the same error.

>    You should use UTF8 on the server, there should be a setting for it in
/etc/cvsnt/PServer

Right now I have in my repository file:

Repository0=/home/cvs
Repository0Name=/home/cvs
Repository1=/home/cvs/
Repository1Name=/home/cvs/

Which entry do I have to put to make active UTF-8 ?

> About the configuration:
> cvs -v
> "Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2383
> (client/server)

These is on the server, and in the windows client I have Tortoise with the
configuration:
TortoiseCVS version 1.8.16
CVS version: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.62.1817 (client/server)
SSH version: TortoisePlink Release 0.56

> What OS are you running?  You should install the UTF8 codepage as well
to assist in translation.

I'm using Debian (Lenny repository).  I think I tried already the option
with the dpkg-reconfigure locales to change the language to the es_ES.UTF-8
UTF-8 option, and it didn't work neither. But I would try again. If there is
something more that I could do I will apreciate your guide.

Thanks for your help,

Regards.