[cvsnt] CVS and Firewall

Al Bu albu70 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 22:29:28 BST 2008

I have never been able to get CVS to work with either the XP or Vista Firewall. Even though I have added the exception for CVS.exe to the firewall, it takes a long time to complete any operation with the firewall enabled. However, if I disable the firewall, it completes almost instantaneously.Do I need to add any other exceptions (other than for CVS.exe) in the Firewall? I tried opening ports 2401 and 2402 but that did not help either.Thanks.