[cvsnt] Control Panel Applet Not Working

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Jun 26 02:28:48 BST 2008

Scott,

> I have installed CVSNT on my XP computer.  The control panel
> applet does not appear in the Control Panel.

That's really really odd - I've not heard of that before.  Which version
of CVSNT did you download?

> I tried running from the CVSNT installation
> directory, it doesn't work there either (neither simcpl.clp
> or cvsnt.cpl).

The usual cause is an incompatible iconv.dll in the PATH.  So doing
something like this from the DOS prompt will usually work OK:

  c:
  set PATH=c:\Program Files\cvsnt
  simcvs.cpl

If that does not work it's a lot more complex.  Try downloading the
CVSNT 2.5.04.3055 (RC7) testing release (if that is not what you are
already using) and if that doesn't work then report back.
http://cvsnt.org/wiki/Download

Regards,

Arthur