[cvsnt] Control Panel Applet Not Working

David Smith David.Smith at synopsys.com
Fri Jun 27 18:06:18 BST 2008

I just worked through this. If there is a iconv.dll in the system32
directory move it aside and see if the control panel works. If it does
then it is due to the fact that the service that is running the control
panel is in the system32 directory and windows always finds dlls in the
same directory as the executable before looking anywhere else.

I found that the "bad" iconv.dll was from Systran and when I moved it to
the Systran directories both the CVSNT control panel and Systran worked
fine.

Good luck! It took almost a week to find this one.

Regards
David

David W. Smith
Synopsys Scientist

Synopsys, Inc.
Synopsys Technology Park
2025 NW Cornelius Pass Road
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Voice: 503.547.6467
Main:  503.547.6000
Cell:    503.560.5389
FAX:   503.547.6906
Email: david.smith at synopsys.com
http://www.synopsys.com

Saber Accelerates Robust Design
Predictable. Repeatable. Reliable. Proven.