[cvsnt] CVSNT Installation / Set up issue with windows 2003 -

Alexey Panchenko alex.panchenko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:37:59 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Suresh Mukundhan <
mukundhansuresh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have the following questions related to CVSNT on
> windows 2003 box..
>
> Question 1: I have installed CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2382
> Server onto Windows 2003 SP1 server. This is the
> server
> installation (innosetup installtion). The developers
> will access this CVS server using eclipse Editor (CVS
> plug-in, pserver option). What are all the steps i
> need to take so that the developers can start
> accessing the CVS server? For example, setting the
> cvsroot is the one time option or what is the
> importance of this root option?

Repository locations are saved by eclipse. Developers do not specify them
each time they use CVS.
Repository location = server + path on that server (there could be multiple
repositories on the same server).

> Question 2: This server has been installed with a my
> user account which is in a domain called "DEVLAB". I
> need to restrict the other users of this same domain
> to access my CVS server but i am not sure of how to
> enforce this. For example, a user "XXX" can log on to
> his eclipse, use a CVS Plugin, use a pserver option
> and access my CVS server (ofcourse if he knows my IP).
> But i still want to enforce such a rule that only
> those users that i provide access to can access my CVS
> server. Is there a possibility? I am using "pserver"
> plugin. I have no good documents to try other options
> like sscpi or sserver or ssh etc. Please, Can some one
> throw me some light on this issue?

You should set SystemAuth=no and list allowed users in passwd file - for
more details look in the cvs.chm installed with the cvsnt server.

> Question 3) Also i could not run the Lock server on
> the port 2402. The service gets stopped as soon as i
> start the service? Is this a problem with the
> firewall? Do i need to open this port?

Please make sure you have no other applications listening on this port.
You can  try to start lockserver manually using "cvslock.exe -test" so you
can see possible error messages.

Alex