[cvsnt] cvs(nt) under both Linux and Windows

Stéphane De Cara stdecara at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 07:58:52 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have both Vista and linux (Ubuntu 7.10) installed on my machine (and
I have to boot sometimes on one OS and sometimes on the other).

The main repository I use is on a remote unix machine, which I access
through ssh. On the server side, cvs version is 1.11.17.

My collection of CVS-managed files (sandboxes) is located on the windows
partition.

I have CVSNT (the most recent stable version) and tortoiseCVS installed on
Windows.
Under Ubuntu, I have a symbolic link pointing to my windows directory, so
that I don't duplicate copies of
my files. I also have cvsnt (2.2.5.03.Build 2382) installed and (so far) I
use the good old
command line on Ubuntu.

Checking out/Updating/committing from scratch under linux is no
problem.

My problem is when I access (from Ubuntu) a cvs-managed directory
created under windows:
I get the password prompt, but then cvs(nt) tells me:
Protocol error: 'Directory' missing

I understand that EOL or encoding issues make it difficult to share
sandboxes between linux and windows.But it would be good not to have to
duplicate sandboxes and keep them only on one partition?
Is there any way to do this?

Cheers,

St.