[cvsnt] cvs(nt) under both Linux and Windows

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Mar 11 06:19:14 GMT 2008

Gerhard,

> FWIW, on my system (Windows, CVSNT server and client, both
> latest stable),
> the meta files in CVS directories have 0d0a line endings.

Ahh yes - it all slugishly comes back into my head now.  Changing the
line endings would break other non-CVSNT clients like Eclipse and making
the read more robust in CVSNT to accept either line ending is difficult
because there is no "read_admin_files()" function - it's all over the
place.  Not impossible, just tedious and would potentially encourage
dangerous behaviour by users.  If someone wanted to do it though - it'd
be a great way for a new contributor to get to know the code.

Regards,

Arthur