[cvsnt] Bug in CVSNT handling binary files?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Mar 11 10:42:48 GMT 2008

Tilo,

> If we merge two branches it seems that CVSNT tries to merge (also
> unchanged) binary files causing the corruption of these
> files. That's
> annoying.

We do this all the time and I've never seen this happen.  What is the
EXACT command you are using to do the merge?  Do you have a cvsrc file -
if so what are the options in there?

If you do a status of one of these files what is the EXACT output?

> file has no differences to the version on the server. I guess CVSNT
> converts the linefeeds for the diff command.

No - lf conversion is not used with binary files.

> As a first workaround I added the following lines to cvswrappers:
>
> *.exe -m 'COPY'
> *.dll -m 'COPY'

Don't do that.

Regards,