[cvsnt] Bug in CVSNT handling binary files?

Tilo Riemer triemer at vision-experts.com
Tue Mar 11 10:59:35 GMT 2008

Arthur,

Am 11.03.2008, 11:42 Uhr, schrieb Arthur Barrett
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com>:
> We do this all the time and I've never seen this happen.  What is the
> EXACT command you are using to do the merge?

"C:/Programme/CrossVC XXL 2.1/Tools/cvsnt.bin/cvs" -x  update -kk -P -d -j
my_branch

We use the CVSNT binary shipped with CrossVC XXL 2.1 pre2. But it's the
same version (2.5.03 B 2382) and we had the mentioned problem with a CVSNT
installation fetched from cvsnt.org also.

BTW the output of the command for the concerned binaries is a simple
update message:
U res/Back.ico
for instance.

> Do you have a cvsrc file -
> if so what are the options in there?

The cvsrc file in CVSROOT on the server is empty.

> If you do a status of one of these files what is the EXACT output?

"C:/Programme/CrossVC XXL 2.1/Tools/cvsnt.bin/cvs" -x  status -v "Back.ico"
File: Back.ico         	Status: Up-to-date

    Working revision:	1.3
    Repository revision:	1.3	/REPOSITORY/...
    Expansion option:	b
    Commit Identifier:	17f47c590eafb4c
    Sticky Tag:		(none)
    Sticky Date:		(none)