[cvsnt] Trouble remotely checking out files from the CVS server

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Mar 20 17:24:11 GMT 2008

Alex,

> So CVSNT should be configured to alias this protocol to ssh:
>
> in "protocols/protocol_map.ini"
> [cvsnt]
> extssh = ssh.dll

No - you need to look into extnt.ini like I already suggested, it's a better more generic solution and has been discussed here before (that way an eclipse user can use sspi or ssh or pserver) and extnt.ini is a 'user modifiable' file wheras protocol_map.ini really isn't.

> CVSNT saves
> passwords in registry with the "cvs login" command.

No again.  The registry is ONLY used for storing pserver passwords which are insecure anyway.

> So it can work without ssh-keys too.

CVSNT always has.

Regards,

Arthur