[cvsnt] Possible bug in CVSNT 2.5.03.2382

Leue, William M (GE, Research) leue at crd.ge.com
Mon Mar 24 20:47:29 GMT 2008

I have been experiencing problems with CVSNT 2.5.03.2382.

In a nutshell, CVS checkouts that use the 'pserver' protocol appear to
'hang' on the next-to-last file in a module and never complete.

I have tested this with using CVSNT directly from a Windows XP (sp2)
command window, and also using two GUI clients that use CVSNT:
TortoiseCVS 1.10.5 and WinCVS 2.0.2.4: both of these exhibit identical
behavior to running CVSNT from a command window.

The cvs command being issued has the form:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at host:/cvsroot/repository co module

..where 'host', 'repository' and 'module' are replaced with some
specific names.

What is even more interesting is that if I abort the checkout, then
checkout the last couple of files in the module explicitly, they check
out fine.

To me this has the flavor of some kind of buffer flush problem.

The server cvs version is 1.11.17, running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

-Bill Leue