[cvsnt] 2.5.04 stable / feedback on Vista and W2008?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Mar 25 02:48:55 GMT 2008

Hi All!

The only blocker bug I have for 2.5.04 stable is the re-opened 5155 "after file renamed, retrieve file using tag, wrong filename is retrieved" - I've experimented with a fix in 2.5.03 so I think I'll just port that to 2.5.04 and call it done.  Oh and I need to check that bug 4918  (protocol_map.ini is out of date) is OK in 2.5.04.

There was some talk about trying to fix up the whole ext/extssh/ssh confusion discussed on the TortoiseCVS newsgroup - but I think that should be pushed out now (it is just like the :local: and 'login' issues - potentially too divisive/confusing for 2.5.04).

There are still some bugs/items-to-do in the 'combined installer' (which includes TortoiseCVS and WinCVS and WMfree and demo versions of some of our commercial software) but I think the correct course of action is to declare 2.5.04 stable with the 'minimal' installer then release the 'fat' installer a few weeks later ...

The only other issues are things that are just as broken in 2.5.03.2382 (current stable).

Are there any other bugs people were expecting to be fixed in this release?

Any reasons why 2.5.04 cannot be declared stable?

Does anyone have specific advice/feedback about testing CVSNT SERVER 2.5.04 on Vista or Windows 2008 Server (the latter is still in RC I think)?

I need to create builds for each platform (windows 32/mac power+intel/hpux 32+64+itanium/solaris 32+64/rhelv4 32/susesles9 64).  Provided no one has any objections and the builds go off relatively cleanly then I can declare 2.5.04 stable at the close of this month...

Waiting on your feedback...

Regards,

Arthur Barrett