[cvsnt] Line Ending issues after branching

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed May 14 02:47:37 BST 2008

Suman Brar,

> I am using CVSNT 2.5.03 version of server. I have recently
> branched off my code from main trunk. The problem I am facing
> is with the windows .rc files. Every time I make a change to
> .rc file and commits that file into the branch it adds up
> blank line in between all the lines and the line endings it
> shows is of Mac(CR). I fthe same file I cahnge and check-in
> into the main trunk no such peoblem occurs and the line
> endings are of Windows. Please help.

You've asked this before, see the FAQ:
http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2za

I've replied to this issue already (and I know you saw my reply since
you replied to it):
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2008-May/030610.html

It was also mentioned in the notes for the latest testing release:
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2008-May/030629.html

You can either:
* use the commercial release where this has been fixed for years
* upgrade to the latest testing release (server and client)

Regards,

Arthur