[cvsnt] GUI shells fro CVSNT clients?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri May 16 11:35:56 BST 2008

We've been using CVSNT for a good many years now and we use WinCvs as
the shell.
Lately I have noted next to no activity in the CVSGui area, specifically
no new versions for a long time.
Does anyone here know the state of the CVSGui project? Is it
abandoned/frozen or what?

I am missing support for certain CVSNT specific operations that one now
must figure out how to do on the command line and it makes it hard to
use them.
For example changing the file handling (text-binary-reserved-...) and
renaming files and similar new features of CVSNT are not exposed in the
WinCvs GUI.

So what is the deal here concerning the recommended GUI:s?
Is there a WinCvs replacement available that handles these new features
and is in active development?
I have heard about Tortoise, but since it is an Explorer integration
system I am not comfortable in using it, and I don't know if it handles
the new CVSNT features.

Any ideas?

/Bo B